Our Core Values
These values define who we are and how we participate together in our community. What is non-negotiable at First United Methodist Church – Moore Haven? What will we fight for as a church? How do we determine the decisions we make as a church? Our values clarify all of this!
Five core values:
1. We are unashamedly God-centered! The triune God - Father, Son and Holy Spirit – is the One we worship and serve to His glory.
As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him. And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Matthew 3:16-17 (NIV)
2. We are passionately people-focused! People, regardless of their spiritual condition, matter to God and to us.
When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. So he began teaching them many things. Mark 6:34 (NIV)
3. We are strategically team-based! We believe ministry is best accomplished in teams of people with diverse gifts and abilities who are bound together with common purpose and covenants of trust.
There are different kinds of spiritual gifts, but the same Spirit is the source of them all. There are different kinds of service, but we serve the same Lord. God works in different ways, but it is the same God who does the work in all of us. A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. 1 Corinthians 12:4-7 (NLT)
4. We are warm hearted! We strive to be a joyful, loving, laughing congregation that experiences the grace of God in Jesus Christ in personal and positive ways.
Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:11
5. We are mission directed! As part of The United Methodist Church, we see ourselves as a leader/supporter of the Local/Global ministries in which we share.
And He said to them, Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. Mark 16:15